Scott A. Shelton is a Trial Partner in the Firm’s Orlando office. His practice includes the defense of various types of claims including personal injuries, wrongful deaths, premises liability, education law, security negligence, child welfare litigation, dram shop/liquor liability, commercial transportation/trucking, construction defects, marine/admiralty, as well as defective products.
Scott obtained his undergraduate degree, with honors, from the University of South Florida, while working full time and paying his way through college. He then obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Loyola University School of Law. During law school, he was a member of multiple moot court teams, including Loyola’s National Team, which was limited to three participants from his entire class. Scott also represented and tried cases for indigent clients through the school’s Law Clinic. Prior to joining CSK, he worked for a prominent civil defense litigation firm located in New Orleans, Louisiana where he defended Marine/Admiralty claims arising under the Jones Act.
Scott has worked at CSK for approximately 18 years. He started in the Firm’s Tampa office and later opened/managed the Firm’s Bonita Springs/Naples office. He was then the Managing Partner of the Firm’s Orlando office for approximately ten years where it grew from 17 to approximately 95 attorneys. Since transitioning to focus on his trial practice, he has tried approximately 50 cases around the state of Florida. He is admitted to practice in Florida and Louisiana.
- Orange County Bar Association
- Claims Litigation Management (Member)
- Florida Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Aviation and Transportation
- Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability
- Catastrophic and Personal Injury
- Child Welfare Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Education Law
- Fraud Litigation
- Hospitality Industry Defense
- Liquor Liability Defense
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Security Negligence
- Sex Trafficking/Human Trafficking Defense
- SIU Insurance Fraud Defense
- Trucking Accident Defense
- Vehicle Negligence
- Loyola University, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida