Since its inception, CSK has remained steadfast in its belief that it be a vibrant civil contributor to the communities in which the firm's attorneys live and work. Below is a list of several organizations that the firm continues to be actively involved with:
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Light the Night
- Feeding South Florida
- Sponsors The Center for Nursing Excellence
- Members of the National Guard Officers Association
- Volunteer Lawyers' Project for the Southern District of Florida
- Chair of University of Miami Center for Autism & Related Disabilities (C.A.R.D.)
- Chair of the City of Coral Gables Advisory Board for Disability Affairs
- Overtown Youth Center Lawyers Basketball Tournament
- Recognized as a Community Leader for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Volunteers with Lawyers for Children of America
- William F. Blews Service Award (for Commitment and Dedication to Community Service), multiple recipients
- The Florida Bar Mentor Program for Minority Students
- International Red Cross
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Second Harvest
- Habitat for Humanity
- YMCA Youth Little League coaches
Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A.’s (“CSK”) commitment and dedication to pro bono work is a core aspect of our culture. CSK has long believed that doing work for the public good is not only a lawyer’s social responsibility, but that we all benefit when the legal system is accessible to everyone. We encourage those at the firm to find a cause that sparks their interest and to match that interest to legal needs in our communities. CSK takes on matters impacting individuals or small groups, as well as litigation driving societal change. This includes our state-wide initiative of providing free adoption services and being a part of the state-wide judicial pro bono program, which is administered separately by each circuit. Our attorneys have broad discretion to choose pro bono matters. Once we take a pro bono case, we dedicate the same level of attention as any other matter.
In 2023, we were recognized by Dade Legal Aid's Put Something Back Pro Bono Project.
CSK employs a number of service members as employees. The managing partner of our Plantation office, Kip Lassner, officially retired as a Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserves after 35 years of service, having worked at CSK for over 20 years of that time. In addition to hiring service members, CSK is a large supporter of the military and in particular the Reserves. Our support, dedication and commitment to the United States military is something for which CSK is extremely proud. We consider ourselves a role model in this regard.