Samuel E. Basch is a partner in the firm’s Miami office. He practices in the areas of First Party Property, General Civil Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Catastrophic Bodily Injury, Liquor Liability Defense, Security Negligence, Trucking Accident Defense, Premises Liability, Federal Practice, Marine/Admiralty, and Covid-19 Defense Team.
Mr. Basch received his Juris Doctorate from Florida International University College of Law, cum laude, where he served as President of the Florida International University College of Law’s Moot Court Team and a Member of the Florida International University College of Law’s Trial Team. As President of Moot Court, Mr. Basch was a National Semifinalist in the 2017 Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition and a Quarterfinalist in the 2017 Robert H. Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition. Mr. Basch also earned a spot in the State Semifinals in the 2018 Chester H. Bedell Mock Trial Competition as part of the FIU Law Trial Team.
While attending Florida International University College of Law, Mr. Basch served as a Student Ambassador and earned Dean’s List Honors. Outside of the classroom, Mr. Basch clerked for the Honorable Judge Ivan F. Fernandez at the Florida Third District Court of Appeal.
- United States Senate Passes Massive Infrastructure Bill: What it means for the Trucking Industry (August 16, 2021) publication/united-states-senate-passes-massive-infrastructure-bill-what-it-means-for-the-trucking-industry/
- Infrastructure Act Measures Could Affect Holiday Shipping (November 23, 2021)
Published Federal Court Opinions:
- Perkins v. National LGBTQ Task Force, Inc., 2021 WL 6197746 (S.D. Fla 2021) (order granting motion to dismiss complaint for failure to comply with Covid-19 business protection statute §768.38).
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D. cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A, Political Science, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida