Jessica DeBono Anderson is a Partner in the Orlando, Florida office. Since 2008, Ms. Anderson has represented management in employment litigation before state and federal courts in Florida and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Florida Commission on Human Relations, Department of Labor and other administrative agencies. Ms. Anderson has experience litigating issues such as employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, whistleblower, overtime and unpaid wages, leave and disability issues, employment contracts, workplace torts, and other employment law claims under various state and federal laws. She also provides counseling to management regarding ongoing employment and labor matters and policy development, with an emphasis on preventive practices.
Ms. Anderson is a frequent speaker on a variety of labor and employment law topics and conducts compliance training for management on discrimination, harassment, wage and hour issues and managing employee leaves of absence under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Anderson graduated sum cum laude from the University of Central Florida. Ms. Anderson earned her J.D., cum laude, from Mercer University – Walter F. George School of Law. Ms. Anderson was a member of the Mercer Law Review, an editor for the Journal of Southern Legal History and a member and coach for Mercer’s Moot Law team.
During her career, Ms. Anderson has provided pro bono services to the Wounded Officers Initiative, Wounded Warrior Project and Central Florida Affiliate of The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer. Ms. Anderson has served as the Past Director of Advocacy for the Wounded Officers Initiative and on the board of the Central Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen. Ms. Anderson also serves as Events Coordinator for the Hometown Heroes Alliance.
- Florida State Bar Association
- Wounded Officers Initiative, Past Director of Advocacy
- Central Florida Affiliate of The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer, Past Vice President
- Hometown Heroes Alliance, Events Coordinator
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida