Before moving to Florida and joining the firm in September of 2021, Shawn Gillispie spent the last twenty years as an insurance defense attorney with considerable first chair jury trial experience in West Virginia. He obtained his Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice and Political Science from Marshall University and his Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. He began his legal career as an insurance defense attorney and has continued that same path for twenty years. While practicing in West Virginia, he has had significant experience handling trucking accident cases, vehicle negligence, premises liability, wrongful death, environmental torts and general civil litigation. He has tried cases in West Virginia State and Federal Courts and has argued before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
- Marshall University, B.S., Criminal Justice and Political Science
- West Virginia
- Kentucky (Inactive)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida