Katherine Woods Harris is a partner in the firm’s West Palm Beach Office. Her practice includes general civil litigation, first party property, commercial litigation, personal injury litigation, medical malpractice, premises liability, security negligence, and condominium and homeowners’ law. Ms. Harris earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in Economics from Vanderbilt University. She subsequently received a Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While in law school, Ms. Harris clerked for the judges of the 19th Judicial Circuit, Martin County. She was also a member of the Executive Board of the Florida Moot Court Team and competed in the Corporate Law Moot Court Competition in Wilmington, Delaware in 2010. She also received book awards in Trial Practice, Legal Drafting, Global Corporate Compliance and the Mediation Clinic.
Prior to joining the firm, she practiced in a firm which specialized in condominium and community association law. Ms. Harris is a member of the Florida Bar and is licensed to practice law in all county and circuit courts within Florida.
Super Lawyers Magazine recognized Ms. Harris as a 2017-2021 Rising Star, which is awarded to no more than 2.5% of attorneys in the state.
Ms. Harris has been a member of the Judicial Relations Committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association since 2019. She currently serves as the Programming Co-Chair of the Judicial Relations Committee helping plan and execute various events, including the monthly Coffee and Bagels with the Judges program, the Reading and Robes program with local elementary schools, and the Teen Discourse and Decisions program with local high schools. Ms. Harris also served as Co-Chair of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s 2018-2019 Bench Bar Conference.
- Martin County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Business Litigation
- Business/Commercial Law
- Catastrophic and Personal Injury
- Commercial and Residential Properties
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate, Real Estate and Title Insurance Transactions
- Country Club, Condominium and Homeowners' Association Law
- First Party Property
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Security Negligence
- Trucking Accident Defense
- Vehicle Negligence
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida