Joseph J. Goldberg is a Partner in the firm’s Miami and Key West offices. Mr. Goldberg practices in the areas of Personal Injury Litigation, Trucking Accident Defense, Negligent Security, Sex Trafficking/Human Trafficking Defense, Condominium & Homeowners’ Association Law and Vehicle Negligence. Mr. Goldberg attended the University of Florida where he received a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management. While at the University of Florida, Mr. Goldberg served as the Student Body President. During that period, he also served on the University of Florida Board of Trustees, and on the board of directors of the University of Florida Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, and the University Athletic Association. Additionally, he was elected chairman of the Florida Student Association and served as the only student member on the Florida Board of Governors. Mr. Goldberg was inducted into the University of Florida Hall of Fame, is a member of Florida Blue Key Honorary, and was chosen as an Outstanding Male Graduate.
Prior to law school, Mr. Goldberg worked as a regional sales manager for a start-up mobile marketing company, managing local, regional and national marketing campaigns for numerous businesses. He also worked in the hospitality industry managing and overseeing corporate events for fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Goldberg received his Juris Doctorate from the Florida International University College of Law, cum laude. During law school, he served as a Comments Editor on the Florida International University Law Review, was a member of the Florida International University Moot Court Team, and was elected President of the Student Bar Association. Mr. Goldberg was also on the Dean’s list, and earned the book award for the highest grade in Products Liability and in all three of his legal research and writing classes. After graduating from law school, Mr. Goldberg served as the President of the Florida International University College of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Mr. Goldberg is a Member of the Transportation Industry Defense Association (TIDA).
Mr. Goldberg has been recognized as 2021-2023 ‘Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch’ – Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants and Transportation Law.
- United States Senate Passes Massive Infrastructure Bill: What it means for the Trucking Industry (August 16, 2021) publication/united-states-senate-passes-massive-infrastructure-bill-what-it-means-for-the-trucking-industry/
- Infrastructure Act Measures Could Affect Holiday Shipping (November 23, 2021) https://www.law360.com/articles/1443089/infrastructure-act-measures-could-affect-holiday-shipping
- Florida International University College of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- United Way, Young Leader
- Transportation Industry Defense Association
- Catastrophic and Personal Injury
- Country Club, Condominium and Homeowners' Association Law
- Liquor Liability Defense
- Micro-Mobility/E-Scooter Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Security Negligence
- Sex Trafficking/Human Trafficking Defense
- Trucking Accident Defense
- U.S. Virgin Islands Litigation
- Vehicle Negligence
- Florida International University, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.S., Sports Management
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Virgin Islands