Erika Agosto is a partner in the firm’s Miami office where she focuses on business litigation and transactional matters. Ms. Agosto received her Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, from the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Agosto worked at mid-sized, general practice law firms and non-profit organizations. Prior to joining Cole, Scott & Kissane, Ms. Agosto received an LL.M. in Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law from the University of Miami School of Law. Ms. Agosto focused her LL.M. in contract law and intellectual property law and earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trademark Law.
Overall, Erika is a business lawyer who has experience in general counsel services and litigating cases on behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants involving claims against businesses and professionals, partnership disputes, contractual disputes, directors and officer claims, employment disputes, discrimination charges, intellectual property disputes and condominium litigation. Ms. Agosto is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and Puerto Rico. Originally from Puerto Rico, Ms. Agosto is fluent in Spanish and is uniquely positioned to provide clients with effective representation throughout the jurisdiction.
- Secured a 1.5M jury verdict in a defamation case, including punitive damages.
- Secured a $180,000 judgment for a breach of contract violation and entitlement of attorney’s fees.
- Secured a $33,000.00 judgment for a breach of contract violation.
- Secured dismissal of prominent non-profit involved in a discrimination dispute.
- Secured favorable financial resolution for restaurant franchise involved in employment dispute.
- Acted as outside general corporate counsel to businesses.
- Secured favorable results for lawyers and non-lawyers in connection with legal disputes with Attorney Grievance Committees.
- Secured favorable financial resolution for condominium association involved in legal dispute.
- Secured dismissal of discrimination charge filed with US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Florida Commission on Human Relations.
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. in Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law
Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Law, Ponce, Puerto Rico, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Turabo, Gurabo, Puerto Rico, B.S., of Social Science in Criminology, cum laude
- Puerto Rico
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Fourth District Court of Appeal, State of Florida