Cody German is a partner in the Miami office of Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A. Mr. German manages the Miami office commercial legal team and focuses his practice primarily on commercial litigation, business disputes, and professional liability litigation. Mr. German is a trial lawyer who has significant experience litigating cases on behalf of both Plaintiffs and Defendants. Most of his litigation stems from business disputes, professional liability exposure, employment disputes, restrictive covenants (non-competes), and real estate disputes . Mr. German’s clients primarily include large and small commercial businesses, partnerships, accounting firms, law firms, real estate professionals, restaurants, and members of the hospitality industry. Mr. German has successfully served as the lead trial attorney in jury and non-jury cases.
- Successfully defended the personal accountant to the Madoff Family Foundation in various investor lawsuits resulting from the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Represented a New York based real estate developer in various lawsuits stemming from development of South Beach’s most prestigious residential towers.
- Seven figure jury verdict in favor client who was defamed by competitors.
- Significant jury verdict in favor of restaurant client against their payroll company stemming from a payroll fraud. This case involved an untested legal theory against the international payroll company.
- Defense jury verdict in favor of Miami law firm in legal malpractice case.
- Represented a California accounting firm in a securities class action and related bankruptcy action in connection with a failed Chinese Reverse Merger, including a dismissal with prejudice that was affirmed on appeal with the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented the law firm that prepared a private placement memorandum that was used in connection with the Scott Rothstein Ponzi scheme in a related bankruptcy and investor action.
- Successfully defended the auditor for a public company in a securities class action lawsuit, pre-IPO matters, and public grant based litigation.
Mr. German also assists businesses with contract negotiations, payment agreements, and general risk management evaluation. Mr. German represents unit owners and directors in condominium litigation and large bulk buyout arrangements.
In 2018, Mr. German was selected for the prestigious On The Rise Attorney award by The Daily Business Review as a result of his professional accomplishments. He is often selected by his peers to be a Rising Star in accordance with the Super Lawyers and Florida Legal Elite selection process.
Mr. German received his Bachelors of Arts in Economics, cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans. He received his Juris Doctorate from the Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law.
Mr. German is a member of the Florida Bar and is licensed to practice law before the United States District Court for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida, as well as before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida. Mr. German is also licensed to practice law in all County and Circuit Courts in Florida.
- Accountant’s Malpractice
- Banking and Financial
- Class Action
- Commercial Litigation
- Country Club, Condominium and Homeowners' Association Law
- Directors and Officers
- Employment and Labor
- Fidelity and Surety Litigation and Counsel
- Land Use Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Transactional, Regulatory & General Counsel Services
- Arizona State University, J.D.
- Loyola University New Orleans, B.A. Economics.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida