Christine Barned is a partner in the Jacksonville office who handles a wide-range of transactional matters for the Corporate & General Counsel Services Group. Her current practice areas include Banking and Financial, Corporate, General Counsel Services, Real Estate and Title Insurance Transactions, Directors and Officers, Employment and Labor, Corporate Compliance, Business/Commercial Law, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Foreclosures, Securities, Trust and Estate Planning.
Christine has a strong background in taxation having started her career advising Fortune 500 clients on corporate and international tax matters at Coopers & Lybrand (PwC) in Boston and New York City. Prior to joining CSK, Christine represented high-growth entrepreneurs in various stages of development on matters including corporate structure and governance, funding, intellectual property protection, workforce management and commercial contract preparation and negotiation. Christine has represented clients in a variety of industries such as technology, healthcare, pharmaceutical, transportation, consumer goods, and retail. She has a breadth of experience in transactional matters including, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and real estate. Christine also has extensive experience handling trusts and estate planning matters for high net worth clients and leads the Firm’s trusts and estates team.
Christine holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and a law degree with honors from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts. She also has an LLM in taxation, Non-Degree from New York University School of Law. Christine is currently licensed in Florida, New York and Massachusetts.
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Recent Successful Trial,
- Banking and Financial
- Business/Commercial Law
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate, Real Estate and Title Insurance Transactions
- Directors and Officers
- Employment and Labor
- Intellectual Property (Patent and Trademark)
- Real Estate and Foreclosures
- Transactional, Regulatory & General Counsel Services
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation, Non-Degree
- University of Michigan, B.A., History, minor, Economics
- New York