Brandon G. Waas is a partner in the firm’s Miami office who primarily practices personal injury litigation and first party property/coverage litigation, while co-managing a group of approximately 30 attorneys. In addition, Mr. Waas also practices in the areas of general civil litigation, legal malpractice, real estate malpractice, bad faith/extra-contractual liability, hospitality industry defense, and commercial and residential property damage claims.
Born and raised in Miami, Florida, Mr. Waas obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in communications studies at the Florida State University, graduating cum laude. Thereafter, he graduated from Stetson University College of Law, in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he was an editor on Stetson’s Law Review and the Chief Justice of the school’s Honor Court.
Mr. Waas is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida and has been with Cole, Scott & Kissane since 2005. Mr. Waas is an active member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), as well as an active member of the Dade County Bar Association and the Florida Bar.
Mr. Waas has also received recognition in the 2021 and 2022 Edition of U.S News & World Report, The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Personal Injury Litigation.
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Bar
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial and Residential Properties
- Commercial Litigation
- First Party Property
- Hospitality Industry Defense
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Security Negligence
- SIU Insurance Fraud Defense
- Trucking Accident Defense
- Vehicle Negligence
- Stetson University, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S., Communications Studies, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit