Blake Sando has been a partner in the law firm’s Miami office, where he has practiced professional malpractice defense for the past 17 years. He also has experience defending insurer bad faith litigation, civil rights claims, negligent security claims, condominium cases, ADA claims, professional malpractice claims, cyber security and wire fraud matters, Errors and Omissions cases, including claims brought against insurance brokers and agents, and cyber risk and privacy liability. Mr. Sando focuses his law practice on the defense of attorneys, insurance agents, title agents, closing agents, appraisers, surveyors, accountants and real estate agents and other professionals who are sued for malpractice and professional negligence. He also represents a host of other companies and professionals in both general litigation and transactional matters.
Mr. Sando graduated from Yale University with a degree in History. He received his Juris Doctor and LL.M. degrees from the Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, PA. Upon graduating law school, Mr. Sando was selected by the Federal Government as a Presidential Management Fellow. Mr. Sando completed his fellowship at the Insurance Center for the Department of Veterans Affairs, where his practice focused on insurance coverage and Departmental compliance with federal law.
Mr. Sando is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in Florida. Mr. Sando was President of the Coral Gables Bar Association and he has lectured on professional liability topics for the Florida Association of Insurance Agents (FAIA) and for the Academy of Insurance.
In 2020, Mr. Sando was honored by Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida as one of their Twelve Good Men for his volunteerism and contributions to philanthropy, civic involvement, and community service in South Florida, and particularly his contributions to the South Florida disability-community.
Mr. Sando currently serves as the Immediate-Past Chairman of the Board of Directors for the University of Miami-NSU C.A.R.D (Center for Autism and Related Disabilities). Mr. Sando also serves as the Immediate-Past Chairman for the Board of Directors for The City of Coral Gables Advisory Board on Disability Affairs. He has served on the Parish Council for The Church of the Little Flower in Coral Gables, FL, and he previously was named as a Florida Rising Star in Florida SuperLawyers Magazine.
- Miami-Dade County Unsung Hero Award, UM-NSU C.A.R.D. (University of Miami Center for Autism & Related Disabilities), 2021
- Twelve Good Men Honoree, Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida, 2020
- Panel Speaker for the Florida Association of Insurance Agents (FAIA) on Insurance-Agent Errors and Omissions Claims, 2017-Present
- Panel Speaker for the Academy of Insurance on Insurance-Agent Errors and Omissions Claims, 2021-Present
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, UM-NSU C.A.R.D., 2018-2020
- Chairman of the City of Coral Gables Advisory Board on Disability Affairs, 2017-2020
- President of the Coral Gables Bar Association, 2014-2015
- Chairman of Tropical Nights Charitable Gala, UM-NSU C.A.R.D., 2016
- Board of Directors, UM-NSU C.A.R.D, 2016-Present
- Board of Directors, City of Coral Gables Advisory Board on Disability Affairs, 2016-Present
- Board of Directors, Parish Council, The Church of the Little Flower, 2014-2018
- Board of Directors, Coral Gables Bar Association, 2012-2016
- Presidential Management Fellow, United States Government, 2002-2004
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Dade County Bar Association
- Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, PA., J.D. and LL.M.
- Yale University, B.A. in History
- State and Federal Courts in Florida