Anthony Lopez is a Partner and trial lawyer in the firm’s Miami office. Holding the distinction of being a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law, Mr. Lopez directs his practice towards a diverse range of construction and complex civil litigation matters. His focus within construction litigation encompasses representing and advising contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, materials suppliers, manufacturers, owners, and related entities in construction defect, contract, tort, and lien enforcement claims in State and Federal Courts, arbitration, and mediation.
Anthony earned his Juris Doctorate from Florida International University College of Law, graduating among the top students in his class and attaining Dean’s List honors. During his time in law school, he concentrated his studies on pre-trial and trial advocacy, business and commercial transactions, as well as complex civil litigation and procedure. Mr. Lopez served as an Editor for the FIU Law Review and held a position on the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Law Students Division, Board of Governors. As a Miami native, Mr. Lopez is fluent in Spanish and is a proud member of the Cuban American Bar Association. Before attending law school, Anthony earned his Bachelor of Science in Health Science and Administration from the University of Miami and was a member of the University of Miami Rugby Football Club.
Prior to joining CSK, Mr. Lopez practiced at a boutique litigation firm, focusing on complex commercial and business litigation, post-judgment debt collection, and probate litigation. In his free time, Anthony enjoys engaging in sports and staying current on the latest technological innovations.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – 2023, 2024
- Obtained a complete defense verdict on behalf of an electrical contractor after a 3-week bench trial, in which the plaintiff sought approximately $165 million in property damage, repair costs, business interruption losses, attorneys’ fees, taxable costs, and nearly five years of pre-judgment interest. (Lead counsel).
- Obtained a favorable administrative order on behalf of an engineering firm after a 3-day bench trial, which found that good cause did not exist for FDOT to deny the firm’s applications for qualification following the tragic FIU bridge collapse. (Co-Lead Counsel).
- Cuban American Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Miami, B.S., Health Sciences and Administration
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida