Daniel Levin is a partner in the firm’s West Palm Beach office. Mr. Levin is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law, he is a Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated Preeminent attorney, and he focuses his practice in the areas of general commercial litigation and civil litigation, with an emphasis in construction litigation. Mr. Levin’s construction litigation practice includes representation of contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, materials suppliers, manufacturers, owners, and other entities in construction defect, contract, and lien enforcement claims in State and Federal Court, arbitration and mediation. Mr. Levin has over seventy (70) days of jury and non-jury civil trial experience representing construction industry professionals.
Mr. Levin received his Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland – College Park, MD and his Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law – Miami, Florida. Mr. Levin’s honors and distinctions received while in law school included: Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Dean’s list – three semesters, Member of the Law Review, Graduated in top 20% of his class, and recognition for completing 300 hours of Pro Bono Services.
Mr. Levin is a member of the Florida Bar and admitted to practice law before the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, the Supreme Court of Florida, and all other Florida state Courts. Mr. Levin is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, the Construction Association of South Florida, and Palm Beach County Bar Association. Mr. Levin is also an active volunteer in Take Stock in Children – Palm Beach County by providing mentoring and other opportunities to low-income and academically qualified students in advance of post-secondary education.
Mr. Levin was recognized as a Rising Star, with an emphasis in Construction Litigation, by the Florida Super Lawyers Magazine in 2015 – 2020 and in 2023 recognized as Super Lawyer. This is an honor received by only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida.
PUBLICATIONS AND BLOG POSTS:
- Federal Court Ruling Bolsters the “Your Work” Exclusion in Standard CGL Policies - October 24, 2016
- CSK Construction Group Prevails in Another Jury Trial, Florida Construction Law Update – May 10, 2016
- Construction Law Trial Win: Complete Defense Verdict in Nine Week Construction Defect Trial, Florida Construction Law Update – August 29, 2013
- Liability Releases with Warranty Repairs – A Proactive Defense, Florida Construction Law Update – January 23, 2013
- Construction Group Win, Florida Construction Law Update – December 22, 2012
- CSK Trial Win, Florida Construction Law Update – September 28, 2012
- When It’s Necessary to Present Expert Testimony of Industry Standard to Establish the Standard of Care in Negligence Actions: The Case of the Roofer, Florida Construction Law Update – May 13, 2012
- Florida Legislature Cracks Down on Unlicensed Practice of Mold Assessors and Mold Remediators, Florida Construction Law Update – March 22, 2012
- American Bar Association
Dade County Bar Association
Palm Beach County Bar Association
Construction Law Committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
Awards & Recognitions
- Recent Successful Trial,
- St. Thomas University, J.D.
- University of Maryland-College Park, B.A., Criminology and Criminal Justice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida