Dan Shapiro is a board-certified trial attorney who has tried in excess of 200 significant civil cases over his 25-year legal career. He provides aggressive trial counsel and defense in the areas of medical malpractice, health care, bodily injury litigation, automobile litigation, premises liability, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, product liability cases, class action lawsuits and all matters of complex civil litigation, Medicaid and Medicare compliance, SIU/affirmative mass torts litigation of fraud claims (False Claims Act and Anti-kickbacks); and trucking accident cases.
Mr. Shapiro is the managing partner and founder of the Tampa office for Cole, Scott and Kissane which opened in 2001.
He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and Marketing, cum laude, from Crouse-Hinds School of Management at Syracuse University in 1988 and a Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 1992. He is an A.V. rated attorney in Martindale-Hubble.
Mr. Shapiro is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Florida, and all State Courts within Florida and the United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida. He routinely assists as local trial counsel in national lawsuits that are part of a Multi-District Litigation.
He is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and ABOTA. He is also a frequent nation lecturer for various defense organizations, insurance professionals, institutional clients, and corporations. He is a featured speaker for the Defense Research Institute, and the Florida Defense Lawyers Association and annually acknowledged by Florida Trend Magazine and other publications as one of the top lawyers in the State of Florida and Best Lawyers Award, The Best Lawyers in America(2018, 2020-2022).
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Dade County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Pinellas County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Recent Successful Trial,
- Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability
- Catastrophic and Personal Injury
- Child Welfare Litigation
- Class Action
- Commercial Litigation
- E-Cigarette Litigation
- Federal Practice
- Fraud Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Medicare Secondary Payer Compliance
- Nursing Home Health Care
- Nursing Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Physician’s Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Qui tam/False Claim/Whistleblower Claims
- Sex Trafficking/Human Trafficking Defense
- SIU Insurance Fraud Defense
- Toxic Tort: Asbestos
- Trucking Accident Defense
- University of Miami, J.D.
- Syracuse University, Finance and Marketing, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida