NAVIGATING THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS FOR DEFENDING EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION AND FAIR HOUSING ACT CLAIMS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA
November 16, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Targeted audience: EPLI and D&O Claims Professionals
Course Objective: To teach claims professionals the procedures for administration of employment and fair housing claims before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Florida Commission on Human Relations.
Course Relevance: Employment and housing discrimination claims under federal and state law often start out at the administrative level, meaning with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Florida Commission on Human Relations or a local administrative agency. It is important that claims professionals understand the roles of these administrative agencies, and their procedures, in order to effectively defend and handle these claims.
Study Method: Webinar
At the conclusion of this webinar, you will have a better understanding of the processes and procedures of federal, state and local administrative agencies in Florida where employment discrimination and Fair Housing Act Claims are filed.
Toll-Free Number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3208
Access Code: 660 804 130
1. To join the meeting online, click on the link below:
2. The login screen will appear. Registration is required to join this event.
3. Go to EVENT STATUS (located on the left)
4. Click REGISTER and complete prompted information then click SUBMIT
5. On Join Event Now (located on the right): enter the following: FIRST NAME – LAST NAME – EMAIL ADDRESS
6. Next click JOIN NOW
The webinar has been approved for 1 Florida CEU Credit for Law and Policy. To ensure that you receive your credit, an attendee registration form will be available for download at LOGIN SCREEN (see link above). Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to EVENT MATERIAL enter password (EPL1116)
2. Click VIEW INFO
3. Next click (Sign-In Sheet 11-16-12 Webinar) to download to your computer
For your convenience, YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE SIGN-IN SHEET PRIOR TO THE WEBINAR. Please complete the form. Then at the conclusion of the webinar, email your completed form to the course coordinator listed below: