Job Type : Staff
The statewide defense firm of Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A. is seeking an insurance defense legal assistant with 3+ years of litigation experience (condominium and homeowners’ association, employment and labor law, and discrimination law experience a plus) for its Fort Lauderdale office. This position requires strong organization skills, experience with heavy dictation, must have strong Federal and State experience, must be a self-starter and possess the ability to perform within a team environment and communicate professionally with clients and opposing counsels. Experience with Aderant Total Office (formerly known as Client Profiles) or similar document management system is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
* Knowledge of the State, Federal Court CM/ECF, EEOC system and filings
* Familiarity with litigation software (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Excellent dictation skills
* Ability to prepare, edit and finalize pleadings, notices, and other legal documents
* E-filing – various courts
* Scheduling hearing, depositions and mediations
* Manage attorney calendar for all meeting and critical dates and deadlines
* Possess a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
* Ability to function within a fast paced work environment
Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A. offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include 20 days of PTO, paid holidays, paid parking and the choice of three different health plans, two dental plans, vision, short term disability, long term disability, long term care and more. Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A. also matches a portion of employees’ 401K contributions.
Those with the experience and skills described here may apply by sending their resumes to Laura.Rubinoff@csklegal.com
No recruiters or telephone inquiries please.